Friday, February 13, 2009

Where did this week go????

Where did this week go????  I'm in such a blur and can't believe it's already time for me to blog again...actually I missed yesterday totally by mistake....and I apologize to you all for a kink in the chain!

I had a great week with finding time to complete the exercising.....it's all because I'm deciding to do it as soon as everyone has left the house and the baby is still watching his favorite video.  I've been feeling that great soreness again.  The only problem I have is deciding which workout to complete.  A few days I've just skimmed through a page, but not really done all of what it called for, and a couple of days I really only jumped with my own ad-lib of squats and v-sits......so with the help of Patrick, I'm waiting on a 5 day plan.  I'm sure it will get me going better.  Will let you know!

Eating better and controlled is also already making me feel better.  It's that guilt associated with putting the wrong things in my mouth which makes me stay away from the evils.  My only real downfall has been using nuts and dried fruit in place of the fresh fruit and milk for snacks.  I know there is too much fat in the nuts and too much sugar in the dried fruit!  It's just been such a busy week with classes, baby and kids that I fell into this.  Hoping to be more organized next week so that I don't fall for easy stuff.

Well....I am exhausted from the week and looking forward to a weekend.  A bit of sleeping in, a bit of indulging.  
Have a fabulous week!
Munisha

1 comment:

Patrick said...

The fat found in nuts is very helpful for the body (it's a monosaturated fat, which reduces cholestorol)

The problem with nuts is that pound for pound they pack a huge caloric punch. 1 ounce of nuts is considered a serving. But very few people can stop at an ounce of nuts and end up eating a meal's worth of calories in a single nut session without realizing it. Without extra energy expenditure (i.e. exercise) these extra calories will be stored as fat.

So the trick with nuts is portion control. Which is very hard to do with a bite sized, easy to eat food like nuts!