Friday, February 20, 2009

Shifting Gears


Happy Friday, everyone!

I am feeling really good about where I am right now. This whole time, I have been lacking the motivation to integrate the PCP back into my life 100%. But this week - especially after reading
Patrick's last post - I'm shifting into a different gear. I felt like I had made a lot of the excuses Patrick mentioned, and that I truly lacked the motivation to make fitness a priority. Well, something changed. That motivation is really here now.

I knew things were falling into place a few days ago when I woke up and wanted to grab the jump rope. I bundled up in some sweats and headed downstairs and jumped rope in the brisk morning air. After awhile I was feeling really good, and determined. During one of my sets, excited by my heightened willpower, I was reminded of one of David's old posts about being your own personal drill sergeant. I felt empowered by pushing myself, even to do something so simple. I was really energized the rest of the day, because I had gotten started so early - but also, I think, by that sense of determination. I hope things will keep going this way. I am definitely going to begin jump-roping as a morning ritual.


Can't wait till jump-rope makes me this giddy!

Until next Friday rolls around, have a good week everyone!

Emiko

3 comments:

Patrick said...

I think so much of our trouble has simply been cold weather. It goes against all of our survival instincts to move around and be active when it's winter. Hopefully as the Northern Hemisphere thaws we'll all get a boost.

Adrian said...

You've been doing so awesome lately!

Amy said...

Yeah!

I'm just glad we don't have to count our jumps anymore! That was worse than the jumping itself.