Sunday, February 15, 2009

On the Road!

Just like before, I have been taking the PCP on the road. This time, I took my mom for a little vacation down to the beach. I really like going to the beach, but I really don't like going to the beach when everyone else is at the beach. Thus, I have to go in September or February or some such.

Anyway, the hardest part about the PCP on the road (besides the jump rope) is avoiding salt. You can find some acceptable food in some restaurants but almost all restaurants have a lot of salt on their food. Several of the towns we stopped in on the way are known for their peanuts and cured hams (salt overload!!!). Fortunately I stopped on the way out of town to get some healthy take-along snacks, but after a fitful night of sleep I drank a sugar-free RedBull and since that moment have not been feeling very well, even with a healthy breakfast and lots and lots of water, fruit and veggies today.

I am really glad to be home and looking forward to some excellent cool-weather garden planning tomorrow. Almost anything worthwhile in life, be it fitness or finances, takes some thought in advance to work out for the best. Hopefully in a few months (April-ish) I will be harvesting some spinach, broccoli, cabbage, and other spring crops. My mom keeps trying to talk me into radishes and turnips but I just don't like them!

What are you doing to plan for a more healthy and fit future?

No comments: