Thursday, February 5, 2009

Almost on track.....

Wow....getting back on track is harder than I thought.  I was so set to get going on diet and exercise in a big way, but it's been a bit of a slow start.  

Actually I have been doing great with the diet part of it.....except that it's back to way too much more food than I'm used to.  I'm trying my best.....falling a bit short on carbs (which I'm assuming is fin) and falling short on the meat (which I'm not sure about).  For some reason I have been off meat since the new year....I need to find other "proteins" that would substitute.  Patrick....does tofu work in it's place?  I did take advantage of the once a week indulgence and had dessert when I went out with Jane and Jodi for lunch yesterday at California Pizza Kitchen....it was a beautiful apple pie a la mode....I didn't finish the entire thing.....just the ice cream and the crust of the pie (I don't really like the sweetness of the apple filling).  I also have my 11 year wedding anniversary (yikes!) coming up on Sunday and my hubby will be out of town....so this is my celebration!

Now, about the exercise.....I wanted to aim for 5 days since Thursday....but have only managed 3.  I like to work out in the morning before the day really gets going....but with the cold weather I just don't feel like getting out of bed!  I'm hoping for a better week ahead because I feel so much better all day after working out.  Still can't do it at night, but I might have to just start so I can hit my goals.

Until next week......be healthy!!!......
Munisha

6 comments:

Patrick said...

Tofu will work for maintenance, but do try and get some animal based proteins if you want to put on a little muscle.

Remember, the more muscle on your body, the more fat and calories are burned just by sitting around!

Amy said...

I have just now gone over to the dark side of the California Pizza Kitchen. I get the really thin crust and eat half the next day. I think it actually works out okay.

Patrick said...

I'd wager half a california pizza kitchen thin crust contains more than a full days RDA of salt. It's hard to find that kind of info out.

I like the goat cheese "salad".

Amy said...

Maybe. Cheese is salty, isn't it? Damn.

Patrick said...

It's the crust that will get you.

PCC Admin said...

I usually get the thai chicken salad....the dressing is the problem there...but I'm thinking it's better than other evils!