Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snack Attack...YIKES!!

The bad news is that I failed on my diet the last couple of days.   The good news is that I know exactly the reasons.  

Reason number one:  hubby is out of town for the second week in a row, so when the kids go to bed, I'm sitting all alone reading or on the computer,  and I start snacking.  Not good at all.  Really looking forward to having him back home on Sunday night.

Reason number two: the kids love to snack and they are off school for a couple of days this week (sore subject...it's "ski break"....why would they need days off for that....I think they need to be in school and go skiing at XMAS!!!!)....so we've been having lots of fun playing games and eating yummy stuff...kids deserve it, I don't need it!!!  

Reason number three:  I went shopping at Negishi Base this week with a friend of mine.  So the problem with this is the biggest because all the snacking the kids and I have been doing has been on good old American junk food.  We are seriously better without it....but when an opportunity came to buy, I took it.  Just should have left it for the kids this time, but it's so tempting.  I am appalled at the way grocery stores are set up anyways (and this applies to Japanese grocery as well)......have you noticed that if you shop around edges of the store, you get all the fresh fruits, veggies, milk products, breads and meats...but then if you venture into any of the aisles, you get all the processed stuff????  And the endcaps are always stocked with stuff not good for us, which entice us to go down the aisles?

SO.....I am on major detox over the weekend to flush my system of the chips and candy I ate the last 2 days....granted it wasn't huge amounts....it just was more than it should have been.  I am hoping to be back on track tomorrow.....it was a good lesson to learn because right now I feel like my body is asking to be healthy again. 

Good night!
Munisha

No comments: