Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hobbies


I agree with Emiko that its difficult to make healthy life-style choices while stressed out. That's probably why stress and health-related complications go hand in hand. After a long day of work, I don't even want to think about resistance bands.

Its usually hard for me to find time to unwind, and running a business from home makes me feel like I'm working whenever I'm not sleeping. Video games aren't as appealing as they used to be, because I find that most of the time they stress me out even more. (Has anyone ever thrown a controller at their t.v. screen?) Recently, I got into photography as a hobby, and it's become a new obsession. My last roll couldn't be developed, and the roll before that came out blank. It was disappointing, but it was fun just to walk around and shoot without much of a goal.

I'm curious - what does everyone else out there like to do for fun? And don't say jump rope!

2 comments:

Patrick said...

For me it's taking on projects that have a complete date or time. Anything from washing dishes to painting buildings. As long as I can see an ending and measure how close I am to it I tend to enjoy something. Neverending tasks are tough for me.

Amy said...

video games. riding bikes and, now and again, building/working on bikes. Cooking PCP friendly (and diabetes-friendly) meals for me and the significant other. Taking the dog to the dog park on pug meet-up day!!!