Thursday, February 12, 2009

Constantly Conscious

What a week. Like Nate, I've had a rough week as well. I wrecked my motorcycle last week, but walked away with a bum knee due to road rash. This has set me back on the workouts, but my knee should be fine by the end of the week; thus I hope to fully resume the workouts then.

Unfortunately I've allowed myself to slip on the diets as well. It's amazing how the mind looks for any excuse it can to resort to its slothful state. I have to consciously and constantly remind myself to make better decisions. I was talking to a friend of mine who is being tutored by a wealthy individual in regards to saving money. He said that the primary concept it to be extremely tight with your money. It's a constant, conscious awareness and decision.

This relates to the PCP as last week I asked for advice on how to save money (much thanks to all of you for your advice and contributions, by the way). What I have noticed lately is how much more satisfying food is when you work for it -- when you take the time to prepare it and sit down to enjoy it. Fast food is convenient, but there's always something to regret about it whether it's due to cost or health.

My encouragement to you and myself is to take a moment this week to think about how you can be more conscious of something. Whether it's the food you eat, the way you spend your money, your posture, anything. The more aware of it you are, the more active you can be in pursuing change.

Take care, my friends.

No comments: