Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stocked, not Stuffed

I finally began to break my lazy eating habits yesterday by going to the grocery store and stocking up on good food. That is the key for me -- keeping the fridge stocked. I believe I mentioned this back on my PCP blog, but it's worth repeating. Keep your fridge stocked with healthy food!

This is yet another thing that I know but seem to neglect. When my fridge is empty I think, "I can just walk down the street and get something to eat quickly; and I don't have to prepare it! Woot!" But here's the dumb thing: it's not quicker in the end. For one, I don't have a car right now, so I have to walk or bus everywhere. It takes longer to get around, but it does feel good getting outside for a walk, so no complaints here. But when you count walking there, ordering, waiting, eating, and walking back compared to hitting the grocery store every week or two plus the convenience of walking to the fridge, it's really not faster! In my stupid head I know this. In my stomach I don't.

I also love how I don't feel stuffed after eating healthy food. I feel that I ate an adequate amount without feeling bloated. Gwen iterated this perfectly in a comment on Patrick's post on America. It's about feeling satiated, not stuffed.

It's sad that it's taken me long into the PCC to get serious about my eating habits again, but at least I'm taking a step forward. I refuse to admit failure unless I give up, and that's not happening. The encroaching warm weather is highly motivating in addition to looking good for the opposite sex. It's incredible how motivating that last one is.


-David

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Yeah man it's all about the ladeeze...