Thursday, March 26, 2009

Loving the family in Japan!

This week I'm talking about "the guest".  Well, family is not really a guest, but when they come and stay at your home all the way in Japan, you want to show them a good time.  Involved in that good time is not only sightseeing....but also eating and meals.  

My mom(from California) visited early this month and now my brother and his wife (from Las Vegas) are here.  I've been cooking a lot since my nanny is out of the country and I find it really hard to have dinners out with the baby.  It's all been healthy, but I just feel like it's been hard to weigh/maintain my portions....also it's been hard to stay away from the carbs and usual "no-no's" just because I don't always want to explain myself.  You know what I mean....how does it look to do all this cooking and then not eat your own cooked food....think about it......bad sign if the chef isn't eating the fried rice they just cooked up!  So, the result is I've eaten more "naughty" stuff than I should have.  I've done my best.....and definitely having a great (!!!!)  time with my family here.  Now I'm dreading that life will be back to "normal" really soon.

On the upside....we've been out and about all over Japan with the kids and so I've worked my body to death.  Even my arms which I'm sure have gotten stronger because of lifting 30lbs of Jaiden, not including the stroller!, up and down stairs at the train station.  My body hasn't seen a jumprope for a while....but it has been busy in other ways.  

SO.....I've had a fun fun month with family....now I'm just waiting for cherry blossoms to appear.....and looking forward to what April will bring!

Eat well....exercise enough....and get good sleep....that's what I want.
See you!
Munisha

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Life's too short to not enjoy vacation and family times. But it's also key to know when the good times are over and get back to a simpler diet.

Most people eat like they're on vacation 7 times a week!

Emiko said...

Totally! I was so hardcore during my PCP, I wouldn't even let my mom make me a birthday cake. It's good to let things go at the right times, but as Patrick said, it's important not to make that our daily lifestyle (which we have all been guilty of at some point).

PCC Admin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.