Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Yes!  It's my birthday today....a great day to reflect on the past year....think of where I was then in life and where I have come today.  The biggest change has been baby....last year he was only 8 months old, and I was still nursing and using him as an excuse for everything.  Now he is 20 months old and our lives have settled down.  I am losing the "baby fat" and paying more attention to my needs and wants.   Also now I've been through the PCP and feel much more informed and ready to take care of my body....inside and out!

I always really consider my birthday as the true start of my year......Jan 1st just seems so arbitrary to me....too over rated and we make promises we just can't keep during that time of the year.  So, since March 12th was the beginning of MY next year, I took total advantage of the week before and indulged.....all leading up to the TGIF cheese burger and ice cream sundae last.  I'll tell you.....I don't feel awful about it at all, because now I can start my new year of health and exercise feeling totally satisfied!  

And guess what the kids and hubby got me for my gift....Wii Fit!  So I am excited to start up a new fun type of activity.  I'm not quite sure what it's all about yet, but I do plan on using to it supplement my workouts and not replace them....or maybe use it on off days when I don't feel like picking up "the rope" or "the book".  Will definitely keep you posted and let you know how good it is.

OH......I did forget to post last week.....my mom is in town and I think between Tokyo Disneyland and the Yokohama bay cruise, I totally blanked out! And unfortunately so did my diet and exercise:(...... but it's my birthday and I'm back!

Bye for now!
Munisha

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Go for the Wii Fit. I'd like to see how it compares. You've been doing pretty hard-core exercises on the PCP plans and from what I've experienced the Wii Fit is pretty light. That doesn't mean it won't work though.

We got our circuits overloaded but I promise we'll get you some exercise plans soon.