Friday, March 20, 2009

It's Gonna Be Flabulous!


I just had an old friend visit from out of town. Do you ever start to feel much more aware of yourself when you see someone that you haven't seen in awhile? I find that I start to become much more aware of myself, and my appearance. I think that comes from stopping and trying to figure out how I've changed since I last saw this person. Do I look better or worse? Is it noticeable? Thanks to the PCP, I know that I look better. But I still felt this big shift in my self-awareness, and to some extent, my self-criticism.

I really want to keep improving my health, my level of fitness, my energy. And I want others to see and notice that in me. But sometimes it is easy to get lost in my regular schedule, and those things may slip out of focus. When someone new comes into my life, or reenters my life, if even for a day, I snap out of it. Although I don't really want to become so self-conscious, it can be a timely reality check and help me to refocus my sense of motivation. I seem to have found more time this week to slip in 15 minutes of jumps, a workout, and even some 8-minutes abs. That makes me happy.

I had Adrian take a picture of me this morning in a new PCC pose, but the camera battery died before I could upload it. I will edit in the picture to this post once I can figure out where the heck we put the battery charger. I can't wait to get this picture pool started!

So if you can, snap a picture of yourself for your next post. Don't worry, I'm flabbier than I would like to admit, too. But that's what starting the picture pool is all about! Like Kazue (of PCPJapan) said, "I always tell people the worse your Day 1 photo is, the better. Nothing motivates more than being sick of how you look and seeing the changes happen in front of your eyes." Let's do this thang!


Until my flabulous edit-in,
Emiko

2 comments:

Patrick said...

I had the same experience on my magical mystery tour of America in the last two weeks. Everyone was like, "uh... that yoga must be working..." and looking down at the floor lamely. I realized after a few of these meetings that I was making them uncomfortable by having changed so much for the better.

Solution to the picture pool coming soon, Emiko, don't you worry.

David said...

Emiko,

I totally do the same thing. When I know I am going to be seeing someone I haven't seen in some time, I really want to look as good as I can. Unfortunately, this isn't something you can do on a whim. As you know, it takes dedication and hard work.

Fear not, my pic will be flabby too, but I'm excited as it's going to keep me better accountable.

Thanks for the wise words (love the title of your post too).