Friday, January 30, 2009

Getting the Wheels Turning


Wow, it seems like so long since I last made a PCP post. I am happy to be one of the lucky seven in this Peak Condition Community. Hello, everyone!

This week I have been taking it slow, easing back into a routine of working out and following a diet again. Adrian and I finally brought the kitchen scale out from the cabinet, but most of my meals were left unmeasured. To be honest, it has been tough to get my body and willpower going again.

Like my fellow PCCers, I have been taking it pretty easy since my 90-day Project ended a couple months ago. Aside from running, I have not done any formal exercise. And I definitely baked and ate a bunch of cookies over the holidays. Eating out has become a regular part of my life, and I am now struggling to cut that out and begin eating strictly from my own kitchen again.

I have been noticing the effects my diet has taken on my body and energy, and I know that once I get back into the rhythm of things I will start to feel good. So that is my challenge this week, to find my groove again.

Tomorrow's poster is none other than my lovely boyfriend and fellow PCP2-er, Adrian! Yay!

Until next Friday,
Emiko

2 comments:

Amy said...

The first week has got to be the hardest. And the first month is harder than the rest! It's all aces from here on out!

Patrick said...

Amy's right on the money. Right now all your habits are pulling you back into the black lagoon and it seems like such a pain to get fit again. But you swing that rope around once and the habits get a little more timid.

Sometimes I think about how I'm literally whipping my bad habits when I jump rope. Weird visualization but it works.